Like the very famous watermelon, muskmelon is also known for its high water content. It helps to prevent dehydration while being packed with a host of other nutrients. It is a great snack food for people who’re watching their weight because of its low-calorie content. Musk melon seeds have a variety of nutritional benefits as well if consumed in the right manner.
Muskmelons are high in fibre, protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium and folate.
Health benefits of Muskmelons include:
- Manages Hypertension- Being rich in potassium, musk melon is beneficial in regulating blood pressure.
- Improves your vision- Muskmelons contain vitamin A that help to strengthen eye muscles and thus improving vision.
- Weight loss friendly: High in water and national content and low in calories make musk melons perfect foods for weight watching individuals.
- Helps in controlling diabetes- High fibre content and negligible fat make musk melon perfect for diabetic patients since it also helps to regulate blood sugar level.
- Boosts immunity: Vitamin C in muskmelon helps in strengthening immunity by stimulating the production of white blood cells that help in fighting infections.
- Cholesterol free: Musk melons are absolutely cholesterol free, making them a heart-healthy food.
- Soothes Stomach ulcers- high vitamin C is also associated with the curing of stomach ulcers in many individuals.
- Reduces Constipation- Muskmelon is a storehouse of water and fibre, which is known to be a great natural healing combination for people who get constipated frequently.
- Inhibit Kidney stones- The extract of muskmelon, known as Oxyline, has studied to have proven qualities of curing kidney problems.
- Helpful for pregnant mothers- The high folate content in muskmelon helps in removing excess sodium eventually reducing water retention problems in pregnant mothers.
- Cures insomnia: Muskmelons relaxed the nerves and muscles of the brain which often times suppress brain disorders like insomnia.
- Reduces menstrual cramps- Studies suggest that vitamin C present in muskmelon helps to regulate menstrual flow thus relieving women of menstrual cramps.
- Prevents cancer- Many studies have linked high Vitamin C content in certain foods with the elimination of free radicals subsequently preventing cancer.
- Relieves stress: Many researchers have found that eating muskmelon increases the flow of oxygen to the brain, eventually making our brain calm and stress-free.
- Healthy for skin: Muskmelons act as anti-ageing agents making the skin glow. It also prevents acne.
- Soothes your toothache- The skin of Muskmelons contains certain extracts. Boiling these extracts help in curing toothache.
- Fixes acidity problems- People suffering from acid reflux issues should consume Muskmelons as they have neutral ph.
- Relieves cough and congestion- Muskmelon seeds are known to provide relief from coughing and to flush out excess of phlegm from the system.
- Improve hair and nail health: High in Vitamin B content and adequate amount of protein makes muskmelon good for strengthening your hair and nails.
- Heart Healthy-Muskmelons have anticoagulant properties due to the presence of adenosine which thins blood further preventing blood clot formation and thus helps in preventing heart-related disorders.