Fat loss is on everyone’s mind these days. The simple key to fat loss is burning more calories than one consumes.
Losing weight without starvation is the ideal way to get that perfect figure. Generally, foods high in protein, fibre and low in calories are perfect for people aiming for shedding those extra pounds. Here we bring you foods that are scientifically proven to lose weight:
- Whole eggs: Eggs are nutrient-rich, high in protein, delicious, easily available and cheap. They are low in calories and can be prepared in a variety of ways cutting off the monotony of consuming the same thing every day. They keep you satiated for long and tend to reduce the number of calories that one might consume throughout the day.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: They include spinach and kale among others. They’re high in fibre, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Leafy greens increase the volume of the meal without compromising on the low-calorie intake making them fat loss friendly.
- Beans and legumes: Lentils, kidney beans, black beans, etc are high in protein and fibre keeping you full for long and lowering your calorie intake.
- Boiled potatoes: Contrary to popular belief, potatoes actually aid in weight loss. They are high in potassium and good starch that keeps the blood pressure in check as well as help to burn fat. Boiled potatoes are known to be the most satisfying meal for diet conscious people keeping them full for long and reducing the consumption of other calorie dense foods.
- Cottage Cheese: High in protein and calcium, low in fat and carbohydrate make them ideal for diet conscious individuals.
- Avocados: Storehouse of good fats, vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants make them the new age diet and health food.
- Vegetables and fruits: It’s common knowledge that stacking up your plate with vegetables and fruits keep your calorie intake in check and reduce the consumption of foods high in calories. Fruits and vegetables are delicious, high in fibre, vitamins and minerals and are a perfect alternative to junk snacking. They also keep your skin healthy and are overall beneficial for your general health.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Adding apple cider vinegar to your salad or drinking it directly by diluting it in water help to curb appetite and help in weight loss. They are also shown to reduce blood sugar spikes after meal making it a healthy addition to your daily diet.
- Nuts: Nuts contain a balanced amount of protein, fibre and healthy fats making them an excellent snack. They improve metabolic health and aid in fat loss. But the nut intake should be kept in check and excess consumption should be avoided.
- Full fat Yogurt: Another dairy product which is high in calcium and probiotic bacteria that can improve the function of your gut. Having a healthy gut protects against inflammation and leptin resistance, thus avoiding the main hormonal driver of obesity.
- Lean meat, chicken breast and fish: High in protein, the meat is best for fat loss. It helps to build muscle and burn fat. Fish like tuna and Salmon also contain iodine which is essential for proper thyroid functioning.
There are other foods as well like whole grains, coconut oil, virgin olive oil, oatmeal, cruciferous vegetables, Chia seeds, etc that can be included in your regular diet. Moderation and regular exercise along with consumption of these nutritious foods will definitely pave the way for a healthier you!