The only gift which we ever give our fathers is just to show our gratitude. However, this Father’s Day pledge to take proper care of your father, who has worked hard for his entire life.
Here is a list of foods which people over 50 must have for peaceful health.
- Bananas: Foods that are rich in potassium helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases. Blood pressure is the other concern which diminishes by the intake of potassium. So, make sure to have bananas and avocado without fail.
- Nuts: Grab a fist of nuts when you feel hungry as they are nutritious and have potassium and every other required vitamin for health.
- Calcium: Calcium is required for healthy bones and teeth. Every day we need to take 1200 mg of calcium to protect our muscles, heart and nervous system. Include milk, curd, eggs into your diet every day. Those who are lactose intolerant can take salmon, tofu and sardines.
- Leafy Vegetables: with ageing, the main concern is with eyes. Many problems arise with, and this can be controlled by taking green vegetables of all varieties. Broccoli is one such superfood that is rich in vitamin A and beta carotene. Lutein helps to improve vision, which is present in oranges, grapes and eggs.
- Apples: How can one forget apples which are nutritious and delicious? This vital fruit helps to provide you with vitamin B and vitamin C. they help people over 50 as well to maintain their health and as well their ageing skin without fail. Often, we are grown hearing that an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Foods that are rich in fibre content anti-oxidants help to increase health. Peaches, berries, yoghurt, corn flakes which has bountiful vitamin B, oatmeal and every other natural food aid in proper digestion besides being nutritious. Stay hydrated and bank on the goodness of flax seeds as well.
We wish all the fathers a delighted and healthy Father’s Day!